/*Adsense*/

How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge (Guide for Windows 10 & Windows 11)


Welcome to this guide on how to uninstall Microsoft Edge. You can follow this guide if you use Windows 10 or Windows 11; it'll work on both of them. And, as you probably already know, you can't uninstall Microsoft Edge by using Windows' built-in uninstaller tools. So, let me show you how you can uninstall Microsoft Edge.

I also have a video version if you'd prefer to watch that:

Start by opening your browser of choice and then you're going to go to the HiBit Uninstaller website, which I'll have linked down below. 

Then you can download the HiBit Uninstaller. You can either choose to download the installable version or the portable version. I'm going to be using the portable version in this guide.


Once it's finished, open the folder where it's saved and extract the files.
Once the files have been extracted, just launch the application. 
If you do get any smart screen prompts, just click on more info and then on run anyway and click on yes for any of the user account control prompts. 
For the setting where it asks where to save the HiBit Uninstaller configuration files, you can just choose the bottom one.

Now, this program will show a list of everything that's installed on your computer. So, you can find Microsoft Edge on this list. And then you can right-click on it and choose the force removal option. Once you've done that, just click both of the check boxes for "Automatically Clean Up" and "Advanced Scan" and then click on scan. 
When you get to the "leftovers" screen, you can just click on finish.

Once it's finished removing, click on tools and then go to the Windows Store Apps Manager. 
On this list, you can uninstall apps that are installed via the Windows Store. And you'll also find Microsoft Edge here, which you can select and then click on uninstall selected. I would recommend checking the box to create a system restore point before starting. Once it's done, you can click on scan to scan for any leftover files, and then it'll be removed.

So once that has been done, you can exit out of the HiBit Uninstaller. If I try to open Edge from the shortcut on the taskbar, it says it can't open this item. It might have been moved or deleted. 
The message asks if I want to remove it. Yes, I want to remove it.
I'll just restart the computer and then I'll try to open Edge again.

After the restart, if I go to the start menu and look for Microsoft Edge manually on the list of installed programs, I do not see it here anymore. If I do a search for it, I don't see it there either. 

If I go and have a look at the installed apps in the Windows settings, I see Microsoft Edge is still being displayed under the list of installed apps, although I can't use it anymore and it's only a few KB's in size.

There's another program being displayed below Microsoft Edge called Microsoft Edge update. So, I want to use another application that'll help us disable the Microsoft Edge updates.

Before you uninstall Microsoft Edge, it's important that you install another browser. So you just have another way to access the internet after Microsoft Edge has been uninstalled. In my case, I'm using Mozilla Firefox.


The next utility I want you to download is WinAero Tweaker, which you can get from the webpage linked below.


Once it's finished, just open the folder where it's saved. Once again, extract the files and then launch the setup file. Accept any prompts and just go through the normal installation process. I'll select portable mode for this application as well. Accept the terms and then extract the files.
Once it's finished extracting the files, I'll go to the C drive, then program files, and then we'll find WinAero Tweaker under the normal program files folder. And I'll just launch the WinAero Tweaker application. 
Accept any prompts that might pop up.

Once it's open, you'll see the WinAero Tweaker screen. This utility has a lot of tweaks, and the only one we're interested in right now is doing a search for Microsoft Edge.
Then you'll see the setting that says, "Microsoft Edge disable updates." Just choose that.
Then the message tells us "Can't find the Edge update app to disable Edge update", which is great, which means Edge and its update application has been uninstalled.

I hope you found this guide useful. If you did, please leave a like on the YouTube video, subscribe to the channel. And if you want me to cover anything specific in any future posts, please leave a comment on this post or on the video.

See ya!
Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment